Campus diners can now eat better fish
There’s a growing awareness of responsible sourcing in higher-education dining services. Students are demanding sustainability from their university dining programs, and national campaigns like the Real Food Challenge are activating networks of students to ‘demand’ real food on campus. Sea to Table provides a “farm to table” approach to seafood, providing a direct, transparent connection to the fishermen who caught your fish.
Sea to Table is here to help institutional buyers of all sizes source better fish, by providing traceable, delicious, wild-caught fish to a new generation of eaters, and by educating your university community on the issues facing traditional fishermen and fish populations.
For more information email Sophie Waskow or call 718.360.4930.
- Healthy, sustainable fisheries – We seek out individual fishermen all over the country who practice sustainable fishing methods and target species with strong and healthy stocks.
- Supporting traditional fishing communities – It’s not just about the fish. By directly connecting fishermen to the market, we’re supporting the economies and communities of our traditional working waterfronts.
- Direct, transparent connection to the source – Because we believe that you shouldn’t buy fish from strangers.
- Delicious fish – Wild fish just tastes better, and is better for you.
- B-Corporation – We are a certified B-Corp, business certification granted to organizations meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We believe in driving value to the traditional fishing communities on whom we rely for our fish.
- Future of Fish – We are a member of this cohort, a non-profit dedicated to finding market-based solutions to reinvent the seafood supply chain to the benefit of fishermen and fish.
- Fish Choice – We rely on the sustainability assessments of Fish Choice partners and provide transparent assessments of all the species we provide.
- Wild sustainable seafood processed and flash-frozen at the dock
- Seasonal “catch of the day” from regional docks
- Access to specialty seafood products through our fishermen network
- The ability to distribute directly from the source or through your existing supply chain