For the best texture and most delicious flavor, we recommend thawing your fish in the fridge for 24 hours before you plan to cook it.
But what if you don't have 24 hours? Try our quick-thaw method and your fish will be safely thawed within 1 hour.
The Quick-Thaw Method
- Fill a large bowl with cold water.
- Remove product from butcher wrap.
- Submerge vacuum-sealed product in the cold water.
- Change the water after 30 minutes to ensure that it stays cold.
- Check on the fish periodically. It should be fully thawed within 1 hour. Just be careful not to leave it at room temperature for too long after it is fully thawed.
Before seasoning and cooking, double check that your seafood is fully thawed and pat it dry.
For more tips, tricks, and recipes, visit our Prepping Your Catch page.