Shucked by hand straight from the ocean, our Atlantic Sea Scallops have a succulent sweet taste and perfectly tender texture.
What to Do
- Defrost slow and steady. Move Scallops to the fridge 24 hours before you plan to cook them.
- Season well. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and any other spices included in your recipe.
- Dry thoroughly. To achieve a perfect sear, make sure to pat your scallops dry beforehand. Pro tip - season both sides with plenty of salt to draw out excess moisture.
- Start with a hot pan. Coat a skillet in oil or clarified butter and crank up the heat to high. Add the scallops once the oil starts lightly smoking.
- Get cooking already!
What Not to Do
- Never defrost in the microwave. No matter how desperate you are. Microwaving the Scallops could cost you their tender texture.
- Avoid fiddling too much. When searing in a pan, let scallops sit (without peeking!) until a golden crust has formed, about 3 mins.
- Don't forget to share! Post your dish on social and tag us @sea2table on Instagram or Facebook.