While the video below features Atlantic Winter Skate, we find the recipe works just as nicely with West Coast Dover Sole. Watch the magic happen!
Fish with Caper Butter Sauce
- 1 pack Atlantic Winter Skate or West Coast Dover Sole, thawed in fridge overnight
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil ¼ cup shallots
- Diced 3 cloves garlic
- Sliced ½ stick of butter separated
- ⅓ cup capers drained
- Lemon slices
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Melt butter in a hot skillet and sauté shallots and garlic until slightly tender.
- Add the capers and keep warm until you’re ready to serve.
- Season both sides of the fish fillets with salt and pepper.
- Fill a large mixing bowl with flour and coat both sides of the fish, shaking off excess.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, add fish.
- Sauté on one side until golden brown, then flip to do the same for the other side.
- Transfer fish to a warm plate.
- Garnish with lemon slices, pour over sauce, and sprinkle with parsley. Season with fresh pepper. Enjoy while hot.