In addition to being a responsible and sustainable choice for dinner, Pacific Cod is absolutely delicious. This mild white fish is naturally low in fat, and its lean, flaky meat tastes great plain or with a wide range of cuisines and sauces.
What to Do
1. Defrost a day ahead. Cod fillets are thick, so be sure to move them to the fridge 1-2 days before you plan to cook.
2. Pat dry. Gently pat your fillets with a clean paper towel to remove excess moisture before applying the heat.
3. Season well. Plenty of salt and better will do the trick, but this flaky white fish is also excellent beer battered.
What Not to Do
1. Never defrost in the microwave. No matter how desperate you are. Microwaving the cod could cost you its tender and flaky texture.
2. Avoid squeezing. Due to the nice thickness of the fillets, they can hold onto moisture after defrosting. Again, gently pat them dry.
3. Don't forget to share! Post your dish on social and tag us @sea2table on Instagram or Facebook.