We're awed by this cod! Oodles of zoodles and delectable vegetables team up with a Sea to Table favorite, Northwest Pacific Cod sustainably caught in the icy waters of the Alaskan Bering Sea. Mild and flavorful, cod lends itself to many different types of presentations. We especially like this recipe with its fresh and vibrant flavors. So good, and good for you as well!
Oven-Baked Cod with Zoodles
- 2 x 6oz Sea to Table Northwest Pacific Cod portions, thawed in fridge for 12 hours
- ½ small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 6 oz cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium sized stalk (6 oz / 2 cups) broccoli, cut into ½ inch florets
- Olive oil
- Your favorite Italian seasoning
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups spiralized zucchini (1-2 whole zucchinis)
- Juice and zest from ½ lemon
- Chili flakes
- Fresh basil and/or Italian parsley, finely chopped
Preparation (see video below!):
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- In a sheet pan, toss fennel, tomatoes and broccoli with a generous splash of olive oil, salt, pepper and pinch of Italian seasoning. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes. Then lower the heat to 400°F.
- Meanwhile, pat fish dry with a paper towel, then salt and pepper the fish on both sides. Give it a little splash of olive oil, and then place on top of the pre-roasted vegetables. Place the sheet pan back into the oven and bake for about 12 minutes or until the fish is opaque in center, fennel has softened, broccoli is lightly charred and tomatoes are about to burst.
- Season the raw spiralized zucchini with lemon juice and zest, salt, pepper and chili flakes.
- Divide the zoodles between two plates, place fish and veggies on top, garnish with herbs and freshly ground black pepper. Enjoy!